LAST UPDATED: 1st April, 2021
Personal Data and Specific Personal Data:
- The collection, process and use of personal data (any information concerning the personal or material circumstances of the User, e.g. name, address, date of birth) is undertaken in accordance with the Indian IT Act, 2000, Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), the Telemedia Act (TMG) and other applicable legal provisions.
- The User can use the Platform without any personal data being collected. However, for the purpose of being able to assess the use the Platform and to avoid or deal with technical problems, the IP address of the User will automatically be recorded and stored in a log file on the server with every visit to CANCERFAX.COM’s website and each time a file is accessed. Under certain circumstances, IP addresses can be traced back to the specific User. CANCERFAX.COM nonetheless does not undertake analyses to achieve this end nor does it use such data for its own promotional purposes, nor does it keep such data for use by third parties.
- The collection of personal data and specific personal data (including information regarding medical status, health, sex life, habits, racial or ethnic origin or religious conviction) is required to conclude and execute a contract, open a customer account or to establish contact with CANCERFAX.COM or a Medical Provider partner of CANCERFAX.COM. This data will be used solely for the purposes mentioned above, unless CANCERFAX.COM receives the User express consent for other uses, as described in our consent form (“Consent Form”). If such, it will be used only to the extent necessary for the specific purpose, such as contract conclusion, execution and settlement.
- To fulfill these purposes, the User data will be stored in compliance with tax and trade law requirements but will be deleted after said periods have expired.
- The User may use specific services (“Specific Services”) provided by CANCERFAX.COM. For this purpose, the User’s consent to the collection, processing and use of his or her personal data and, as the case may be, specific personal data within the meaning of the Indian IT Act, 2000 is necessary. This applies to the following Specific Services:
- CANCERFAX.COM provides an online marketplace enabling the User to get in contact with a Medical Provider and third party service providers and affiliates (e.g. travel agencies, customer service agencies, payment providers or translators) whose services are advertised through our Platform.
- In the event that a Medical Provider concludes a contract regarding medical treatment with the User, the User consents (and, if required by law, the User shall allow the Medical Provider to deliver the respective data to CANCERFAX.COM that the Medical Provider informs CANCERFAX.COM about the type and the date of the medical treatment and the amount and the date of any invoice submitted by the Medical Provider to the User.
- In the event that a third party service provider concludes a contract with the User regarding certain services, the User shall allow the third party service provider to inform CANCERFAX.COM about the amount and the date of any invoice submitted by the service provider to the User.
- In the event that the User is a policyholder of an Insurance company (“Insurer”) partner of CANCERFAX.COM, the User shall allow the Medical Provider, third party service provider and Insurer to inform CANCERFAX.COM about the specific personal data regarding the medical treatment of the User, the amount and the date of any invoice submitted by the service provider to the User or to the Insurer.
- Forums are set-up on the Platform or in affiliate’s online websites, which permit the exchange of experiences and opinions between the Users.
- The User has the opportunity to receive a newsletter on a regular basis.
- CANCERFAX.COM uses the personal data for its own advertising and will send to the User via email, call, sms or by mail information about CANCERFAX.COM, new products, new services, Medical Providers, etc.
- As far and to the extent that the passing on of personal data and specific personal data to third parties is not allowed pursuant to the aforementioned provisions, we will pass on personal data and specific personal data to third parties only in the following events:
- As far as required and permitted by law, we will share personal data and specific personal data with companies, organizations or individuals outside CANCERFAX.COM if we believe that the passing on is reasonably necessary to enforce applicable terms of service (including investigation of potential violations), address security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights of CANCERFAX.COM.
- CANCERFAX.COM may also compile, reconcile and share aggregated information (information about the User and other Users that is anonymised in a way it no longer identifies or references an individual User) and non-personal data for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and for other CANCERFAX.COM business purposes.
- By clicking the appropriate check box during the inquiry and checkout process, the User is consenting to the following forms of data processing
- The User consents that CANCERFAX.COM may review, scan, or analyse the User communications either on the Platform or over email with the Medical Provider partner of CANCERFAX.COM for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. CANCERFAX.COM uses automated methods to review, scan or analyse the User communications, however, occasionally CANCERFAX.COM may need to manually review some communications for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools.
- A log file (containing, inter alia, the site from which the file was requested, the date and time of the request, the amount of data transferred) is created with every visit to CANCERFAX.COM’s website and every time a file is accessed. Due to technical limitations, these data cannot be identified as belonging to a specific User. We do not merge or compare these data with other data sources; the data is deleted after being used for statistical evaluation.
- CANCERFAX.COM collects and stores anonymous data for optimization and marketing purposes, for example on anonymous User profiles or on User behavior. To this end Flash and cookies may also be used. Cookies and Flash Cookies are alphanumeric identification codes, which CANCERFAX.COM transmits to the hard drive of a computer using the User Web browser or other programs. If the User do not wish cookies, they can disable them according to manufacturer’s instructions for the User’s browser.
- It is not necessary to accept cookies to visit CANCERFAX.COM website. However, if the User would like to bookmark a clinic as a favorite or be reminded of the clinics looked at, the User will need to set the browser to accept cookies.
- Cookies and flash cookies are small files that are saved on the User data carrier which store specific information about preferred settings and any other data that CANCERFAX.COM system needs when interacting with browsers. There are two different kinds of cookies: session cookies, which are deleted the moment the User quits the browser; and temporary cookies, which are stored on the User browser for a longer period of time. Cookies help CANCERFAX.COM to tailor the Platform to suit the User and to reflect preferences and browsing habits. They also allow CANCERFAX.COM to save any information entered so the User don’t have to enter it all again on the next visit.
- Most of the cookies CANCERFAX.COM uses are session cookies which are deleted at the end of a browser session. CANCERFAX.COM does use some cookies that remain on the User computer after having quit the browser. This kind of cookie enables CANCERFAX.COM system to recognize that the User has visited the Platform before and to remember which settings and clinics are preferred. These temporary cookies have a lifespan of around one month, after which they will be automatically deleted. These cookies allow CANCERFAX.COM to collect and analyze data to come up with strategies to improve the Platform. This makes CANCERFAX.COM website easier to use.
- The cookies used by CANCERFAX.COM are never used to store any personal information. Therefore our cookies cannot be traced back to an individual User. Once a cookie is activated, it is given an ID number, which is solely used for internal reference and cannot be used to identify the User or access any personal information, such as your name or IP address. The anonymised information we receive from the cookies allows us to assess which pages of CANCERFAX.COM site are visited the most and see which procedures and clinics are the most popular.
- The CANCERFAX.COM website gathers information that could be useful in tailoring adverts and online offer to the User. This information is not used to identify you as a User; it is solely used for the optimization of the Platform. Information collected by these cookies is not stored with the User personal information or order information; it is only used to provide the User with adverts and/or notification of offers and services that are suited to their individual requirements, using click stream analysis.
- CANCERFAX.COM uses retargeting, which allows it to make the online offer more interesting for the User. Retargeting technology means CANCERFAX.COM can advertise recently viewed and related clinics on partners’ websites, meaning adverts, even on other companies’ sites, that are relevant to what the User would like to see. This kind of information is anonymous, with no personal information being stored and no user profiles.
Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by gat.anonymizeIp(); to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking)
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/ or at https://policies.google.com/privacy
This is to bring to your notice that the desktop site and mobile site (www.cancerfax.com), its sub-domains, mobile applications and all related application and services (“Properties“) are owned and operated by CANCERFAX.COM (“CANCERFAX.COM“).
- A healthcare provider (whether an individual professional or an organization) or similar institution wishing to be listed on the Properties, or already listed, on the Properties, (“Users” or“You”) or
- A patient, his/her attendants or affiliates, searching for healthcare provides through CANCERFAX.COM, (“Users” or “You”) or
- Anyone who uses Properties in any form (“Users” or “You”)
This policy gives information about the type and amount of information collected from the Users, including sensitive personal data or information; the purpose of collection and modes of usage of such information; and how CANCERFAX.COM will use such information.
Personal Information Collection & Usage
Personal information that we collect, process and use in connection with the Properties include not only the information that we collect via various forms on the Properties, but also the information that you voluntarily provide us over the website in various contexts. Information collected by us from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Login ID and password;
- Contact information (such as your email address, addresses, phone numbers);
- Demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth and your pin code)
- IP address, operating system, browser type, browser version, browser configuration, name of internet service provider, and other types of computer and connection related information relevant to identifying your type of device, connecting to the website, enabling data exchange with you and your device, and ensuring a convenient use of the website;
- Historic data regarding your usage of the Properties and history of the appointments made;
- Insurance data (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan);
- Search terms entered;
- Information collected by cookies or similar technologies;
- Newsletter subscriptions, enrollment for promotions, use of special offers, etc.
- Survey answers, reviews, ratings and other types of feedback provided;
- Medical credentials, visiting hours of a healthcare provider, fees, locations (in relation to healthcare providers);
- Medical information;
- Financial and payment related data for payment of subscription amount and charges;
- Geo-location information when permitted by you on your device; and
- Any other information that you enter on, or upload is voluntarily.
CANCERFAX.COM reserves the right to use information provided by you for the following:
- Publishing on the Properties;
- Contacting you for offering new products/services of CANCERFAX.COM;
- Contacting you to offer new products/services by CANCERFAX.COM partners;
- Contacting your for feedback of the Properties;
- Analysis and Industry reporting
You hereby consent to such use of such information by CANCERFAX.COM.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (or becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete), or CANCERFAX.COM suspects that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, CANCERFAX.COM may, at its sole discretion, discontinue your usage of the Properties.
Our plugins send request to third party APIs via website-visitor’s web browser to fetch information (like social shares, social comment count). This request made by web browser may include IP address, which can then be seen by the third-party that it’s being requested from. This API request doesn’t include any personal data of the website user other than the IP address.
We do not store any data fetched by our plugins on our servers, neither we share that data with any third party. Our plugins run absolutely on your website and store the data in the database of your website.
We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating Social Login, from the social network used to login at our website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our website. You can revoke this consent at any time from your profile page at our website or by sending us an email.
If you do not want to receive any form of communication from CANCERFAX.COM, please intimate us on email@example.com.
CANCERFAX.COM does not exercise control over the sponsored content or links on the Properties. And hence, it is not liable for any type of information shared on any website that are linked to the Properties.
CANCERFAX.COM may enable User to communicate with other Users (with prior consent) or to post information to be accessed by others, whereupon other Users may collect such data. Such Users, are not authorized CANCERFAX.COM representatives or agents, and their opinions or statements do not necessarily reflect those of CANCERFAX.COM, and they are not authorized to bind CANCERFAX.COM to any contract. CANCERFAX.COM hereby expressly disclaims any liability for any reliance or misuse of such information.
CANCERFAX.COM will only disclose your personal information in the event it is required to do so by law, rule, regulation, law enforcement agency, governmental official, legal authority or similar requirements.
CANCERFAX.COM may disclose personal information to the following:
- CANCERFAX.COM partners: We may share your personal information with our business partners if there is a legitimate reason to do so.
- Third party service providers: We may employ third party service providers (i.e., companies or individuals engaged by us) to perform certain functions on our behalf and under our instructions.
- Courts, law enforcement authorities and regulators: We may share personal data when we believe it necessary to comply with the law, to protect the rights or safety of our website, other users, or third parties (e.g., for fraud protection purposes). Without limitation, this may include cases in which we are required to share personal data by the law or binding order of courts, law enforcement authorities or regulators. We will carefully determine the permissibility of providing personal data in each such context, paying particular attention to the type of request, types of data affected and any impact that a disclosure of personal data would have on the user affected. Should we decide to disclose personal data in such context we will also consider ways of reducing the scope of the disclosure, for instance by redacting the information provided.
Recipients of your personal data may be located in any country. This may include countries where applicable data protection laws provide a lesser degree of protection than your home country.
Security of Personal Information
CANCERFAX.COM respects your privacy and makes the best efforts, including certain managerial, technical, operational and physical security control measures, in securing your personal information. Your personal Information is maintained by CANCERFAX.COM and its Properties in electronic form on its equipment, and on the equipment of its employees. If required, any such information may be converted to physical form. CANCERFAX.COM takes all necessary precautions to protect your personal information.
It is imperative for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, your computer and your mobile phone. Be sure to log off from the Properties when you are not using it. CANCERFAX.COM is not responsible for unauthorized access to the Properties, on your behalf.
CANCERFAX.COM helps healthcare providers to maintain and organise such information. CANCERFAX.COM may, therefore, retain and submit all such records to any healthcare providers, who request access to such information.
CANCERFAX.COM is not responsible for the confidentiality, security or distribution of your personal information by our partners and third parties outside the scope of our agreement with such partners and third parties. Further, CANCERFAX.COM shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond the reasonable control of CANCERFAX.COM.
3-A, Sarabani Apartments, Garia, South 24 Parganas, West Bengal – 700084
Your feedback is always welcome. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices or your online privacy please do not hesitate to contact us.
You may reach out to us as follows:
Phone Number: + 91 961588 1588