Breast cancer treatment in India
Take second opinion & treatment from leading oncologists in India as per international guidelines & latest protocols.
Signs, symptoms, diagnosis & treatment of breast cancer. Check below the best hospitals for breast cancer treatment in India. Also check best doctors for breast cancer treatment in India.
What is Breast Cancer ?
When cells inside the breast divide and grow without control that condition is breast cancer. 50-75% of breast cancers begin in milk duct, about 10-15% begin in lobules and a few on other breast tissues.
Warning signs of Breast Cancer ?
- A change in the look or feel of the breast.
- A change in the look or feel of the nipple.
- Nipple discharge.
- Lump, hard knot or thickening inside the breast or underarm area.
- Swelling, warmth, redness or darkening of the breast.
- Change in the size or shape of the breast.
- Dimpling or puckering of the skin.
- Itchy, scaly sore or rash on the nipple.
- Pulling in of your nipple or other parts of the breast.
- Nipple discharges that starts suddenly.
- New pain in one spot that does not go away.
- Ranked no.1 cancer among Indian females with age adjusted rate as high as 25.8 per 100,000 women & mortality 12.7 women per 100,000 women.
- Mortality to incidence ratio was found to be as high as 66 in rural registries whereas as low as 8 in urban registries.
- Breast cancer projection for India during time periods 2020 suggests the number to go as high as 17,50,000.
- Lifestyle such as sedentary lifestyle, smoking, drinking alcohol, and lack of exercise increases risk.
- Reproduction (Age at 1st period).
- Genetics (Such as family history).
- Environment (Such as radiation exposure).
- Older women has higher chances of developing breast cancer than younger women, hence age increases risk.
- Clinical examination
- Breast Ultrasound
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast FNAC
- Breast Scan
- Breast Mammography
Treatment depends on age
- Medical procedure like teletherapy and radiation therapy
Best hospitals for breast cancer treatment in India
- BLK Superspecialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
- Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Center, Bangalore
- HCG EKO Cancer Cneter, Kolkata
- American Oncology, Hyderabad
- Gleneagles Global Health City, Chennai
- Gleneagles Global BGS, Bangalore
- Continental Hospital, Hyderabad
- Yashoda Hospital, Hyderabad
- Seven Hills, Mumbai
Cost of breast cancer treatment in India
Cost of breast cancer treatment varies from patient to patient, stage of the disease and type & place of hospital in India. However, given below is the approximate of expenses usually incurred in the treatment of breast cancer in India.
Breast Cancer Surgery –
Lumpectomy – $ 2200 USD
Partial mastectomy – $ 2800 – 5000 USD
Total mastectomy – $ 3500 – 6000 USD
Modified radical mastectomy – $ 3500 – 6000 USD
Radical mastectomy – $ 4000 – 6000 USD
Chemotherapy – Per Session – $ 400-1200 USD (Depending upon patient body weight, stage of cancer & brand of medicine used).
Radiotherapy – $ 3500-5000 USD
Best doctors for breast cancer treatment in India
Dr. Monika Pansari is Consultant – Breast & Gynecological Cancer, BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital, Bangalore. Dr. Monika Pansari is one of the few registered female surgical oncologists in our country with a special interest in breast and gynecological oncology. Her utmost priority being a female onco-surgeon is to help other women fight cancer. She is a specialist in the management of all breast and gynecology cancer surgeries. She completed MBBS and MS (general surgery) from prestigious, Gajra Raja Medical College, Gwalior. She had an excellent academic record throughout and was awarded a university gold medal. Following that she pursued her career in Bangalore and served as assistant Prof. in the department of general surgery in St. Johns medical college for almost 4 years. During this tenure, she underwent training in minimal access surgery and was awarded FIAGES for the same. Subsequently, she pursued DNB in Surgical Oncology from Manipal Hospitals.
Dr. Durgatosh Pandey is HOD & Consultant Surgical Oncology at Artemis Hospital, Gurugram, Delhi (NCR). He worked as Assistant Professor (Surgical Oncology) and In-charge of Thoracic & Hepato-Pancreatic-Biliary service at Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital, AIIMS, New Delhi, Assistant Professor (Surgical Oncology) at Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, and Specialist Senior Registrar (GI Surgical Oncology): Equivalent to Lecturer at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. He is Surgical Fellow, Hepatobiliary Surgery & Liver Transplantation (Singapore), Visiting Fellow, Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) & Robotic Thoracic Surgery, 2015 (USA), Founder Member of the Lung Cancer Consortium Asia, Founder member of Esophageal cancer consortium, Trustee member of ICON (Indian Co-operative Oncology Network), External examiner for M.Ch (Surgical Oncology) examination at Tata Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Vikas Mahajan is a Surgical Oncologist in Teynampet, Chennai and has an experience of 23 years in this field. Dr. Vikas Mahajan practices at Apollo Speciality Cancer Hospital in Teynampet, Chennai. He completed MBBS from G B Pant Hospital / Moulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 1989, MS – General Surgery from Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Institute for the Physically Handicapped, New Delhi in 1993 and MCh – Surgical Oncology from The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (TNMGRMU) in 1996. He is a member of the Indian Medical Association (IMA). Some of the services provided by the doctor are Giant Cell tumour Treatment, Ewing’s Sarcoma Treatment, Breast Cancer Treatment, Prostate cancer, Liver cancer, Stomach cancer, Head and Neck Tumor / Cancer Surgery, and Parotid Surgery, etc. He is among the board trustees of Cancer Fondation (Holistic Cancer Care) in Chennai.
Dr.Rahul Chaudhary – Kolkata did his DNB in Surgical Oncology from a reputed institute. He has fellowships in GI Surgical Oncology and HPB Oncology from prestigious institutes in India & Abroad. Having worked in different parts of the country, he has holistic training in surgical oncology. His vast areas of expertise in surgery include head & neck cancer, breast cancer, gynecological, oesophageal and thoracic malignancies. One of his skills also includes performing laparoscopic-surgery for GI Cancer. His special interest includes areas such as hepatobiliary pancreatic malignancies with extensive work in Gallbladder Cancer. He has multiple publications in Peer-reviewed National & International Journals.
Dr. Chinnababu Sunkavalli is a practicing Surgical oncologist(Cancer Surgeon) at Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad. He has been practicing as a Surgical Oncologist since 2007 and has performed various operations on my patients from different parts of the world. I am a qualified Surgical Oncologist with a special interest in Organ preservation and Minimally Invasive Surgery. His primary interests are in Cancer surgery of the breast, Head and Neck and G.I Surgery, gynecological surgery, reconstruction of head and neck with microvascular free flaps. My aim is to provide world-class cancer surgery to my patients in accredited hospital facilities.
Dr. Surendra Kumar Dabas is presently working as a Director – Surgical Oncology & Chief – Robotic Surgery at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi. Dr. Surender Kumar Dabas has a va
st experience in Oncology. He is a pioneer of Robotic Head and Neck Surgery in India and an International mentor of Robotic Surgery. His clinical focus is on Head and Neck Oncology, Trans – Oral Robotic Surgery, Robotic GI Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Gynecological Surgery. He has been actively involved in teaching Robotic Surgery across India. He has done a maximum number of Robotic Head and Neck Surgery in Asia. He has numerous National and International publications.
Consult with breast cancer specialist in India
- Get free consultation & cost estimate
- Save up to 80% on your treatment.
- Free pick up and drop from the airport.
- Dedicated patient care manager.
- Immediate consultation, zero waiting.*
- Medical visa assistance & letter.
For details on breast cancer treatment and second opinion, do call us at +91 9174152285 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.